Monday, August 8, 2011

Please tell me the improvement in battery life is not just my phone but yours too!

I took some files from the older builds of cyanogenmod and incorporated them into this build and I swear I noticed a drastic improvement in battery life. I had my phone on for 12 hours and still had 38% and that was when I was at my girlfriend's house where service is absolutely terrible so I can only say it will be better than that which is pretty good in my opinion for the Pro. It should be back to where it was before that month-long gap in the builds

Did anybody try GSM? Post results please and keep the bug reports up I need something to do! If battery life is adequate, I will try to get the voice button and side convenience button working because I remember a few people asking about that


Before installing please make a backup and take note of what version of the stock operating system you were running (if you're coming from stock) restoring an image backed up from the Gingerbread 2.3.3 build may not work if you're restoring from a stock froyo build!

File can be downloaded from here
And Google Apps can also be installed from here

MD5 Checksum for the build 807.zip: 3fce7a729157cf30fc1db1c3787ee949

If coming from a previous build of Cyanogenmod, reboot into the clockwork recovery, go to mounts and storage, and format the system and format the cache. Then go back to where it says install zip from sdcard and choose the zip you just downloaded

If not coming from Cyanogenmod, you will have to do the above steps but you will have to delete your data also (yes, you will lose everything!)

After installing, you can flash the Google Apps from above to get the market and maps and navigation and whatnot

Keep me posted with the bugs on this thread and I will also post on the main DroidForums CM7 for the Pro thread when there's an update :P

1 comment: